MS Views and News / Stu's Views & MS News
Provides education, information & resources for those affected by Multiple Sclerosis
ActiveMSers: Multiple Sclerosis and Motivation
Is designed to help, motivate, & inspire those with multiple sclerosis to stay as active as possible - physically, intellectually and socially - regardless of physical limitations.
MS Fitness Challenge
Encouraging People To Overcome Multiple Sclerosis Through Fitness and Nutrition
MS Conversations (blog-MSAA)
"Best Blog 20/20 - Healthline (formally was MultipleSclerosis.net)
Register to stay informed on all the latest MS News, participate in forums..
A community for people affected by Multiple Sclerosis. Learn, share, and connect with peers and healthcare professionals.
Healthline June 2021
My MS Manager™, the first-of-its kind mobile phone app
created by the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) to
help patients with MS better manage their disease
MS & Exercising:
*Exercising with MS: The Complete Guide (NEW!!)
ActiveMSers – Dave Bexfield
*A Do-It-Yourself Massage Plan for Head-to-Toe Tension Relief
*Coordination/Balance Exercises (Click here- PDF)
*Stretching Exercises (Click here-PDF)
*Lower Extremity Exercises (Click here-PDF)
*Home Exercise Program (Click here-PDF)
*Tips to Manage Your Muscles
*Spasticity--What it is & what to do
*Stretching for People wth MS
*“The Medication Map” (NMSS Momentum Magazine--Winter 2013/2014)
Article discusses the FDA approved Disease ModifyingTreatments
*Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS)
*"Multiple Sclerosis by the Numbers: Facts, Statistics, and You"
*"Bowel Changes in MS"
*"What is a Neurogenic Bowel?"
*"How to Treat a Fecal Impaction"
*“Controlling the Muscle Spasms of MS”
*"How temperature affects people with Multiple Sclerosis"
*"How to Boost Your Immune System"
*“The Power of Sleep”
*The Complete Guide to Insomnia and How You an Manage It **NEW**
For many people, the impact on sleep quality caused by COVID-19 and daily life disruptions may find help in this in-depth resource. (Note: sleeping prescriptions are discouraged. However, they are often necessary as an interim, permanent, or last resort with MS/other chronic conditions.)
*Solutions for Cooling Every Body
* Yoga positions (click here- PDF)
Top 40 MS YouTube Channels to Follow in 2020
- Advance Medical Directives (Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy)
- Compassion and Choices - Life/Care Planning and End-of-Life Options
Care Options and Programs-- comprehensive information to maintain independence &
quality of life, (Arizona or National)
- Guide on Financial Assistance and Funding for Assisted Living and Senior Care
- Guide to Home Ownership for People with Disabilities
The Fully Accessible Guide to Paying for College for Students with Disabilities
Americans with Disabilities Act/Legal/Employment
- ADA Guide:
- ADA & People with MS | Employment Issues
- Know Your Rights: A Legal Guide for People Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Disclosing MS On the Job: Why I Did, and Why I Didn’t (11/17/2020)
Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
Associations: Multiple Sclerosis
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS)
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA)
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation (MSF)
- Multiple Sclerosis International Federation
- The Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers
The leading educational and professional development organization for MS healthcare professionals.
- AIMS (Advances In Multiple Sclerosis)Created by the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC), Nurse Practitioner Alternatives (NPA), and The France Foundation. Provides high-quality, up-to-date information on advances in the treatment of MS.
- iConquorMS - a Patient-Powered Research Network (PPRN)
MSology is a free information service offering the latest research news on multiple sclerosis (MS), tips on living
with the disease, and practical advice to help in making decisions.
- Myelin Repair Foundation
- Caregiver Action Network – (Be heard. Get answers. Find support.)
- Well Spouse Association
Tel: 800-838-0879 732-577-8899
- Caregiving Resource Center--Information, tools and tips for caregivers (AARP)
- American Association on Health and Disability
The mission of AAHD is to advance health promotion and wellness initiatives for children and adults with disabilities. AAHD accomplishes its mission through advocacy, education, public awareness, and research efforts at the federal, state, and community levels.
Business Ideas For People With Disabilities
*Helpful educational resources and/or business ideas for people with disabilities
Doctors: Background Check (Profiles, Credentials, Ratings, Reviews)
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality: Patient & Consumer Services
- Healthcare Coverage: FAQ’S
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Affordable Care Act; Prevention/wellness; other HHS info
- The Costs of MS Treatment
- “Evaluating Health Information—MedlinePlus”
Lots of health information swirling around out there. How can you tell what's legit? Check out this resource for guidance.
Benefits of Tai Chi for MS
https://www.healthcentral.com/article/benefits-of-tai-chi-for-multiple-sclerosis … MultipleSclerosis
- Coping with Stress Manual, along with a Guided Imagery Audio Track. This manual will will help individuals and their families to cope with stress.
Preventing Abuse and Multiple Sclerosis
National Domestic Violence hotline 1-800-799-7233
- What Is Mental Health?
- The Difference between Mental Health and Behavioral Health
- Free Online Therapy Services-- mental health support offered is secure, reliable, and developed for all types of patients
- Health Risk & Fitness Assessments/Calculators
Healthline—a health and wellness information site
- Positive Health and Wellness—this site has a variety of info to live a more positive, healthier, happy life
- Drug-Free Remedies for Chronic Pain
- MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, information is given about diseases, conditions, etc. in language easily understood. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, free.
- Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products.
- Drug-Nutrient Interactions and Drug-Supplement Interactions | What You Need to Know
- Medical Dictionary
Descriptions of medical conditions, medications, anatomical terms, etc. are provided in this website.
www.thefreedictionary.com (click “Medical Dictionary”)
WebMD provides health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information. The content is timely and credible.
- FDA List of vaccines
- MS Research Update
The 2020 edition is a comprehensive overview of research findings on the FDA-approved disease-modifying therapies, as well as many experimental treatments
- Drug-Nutrient Interactions and Drug-Supplement Interactions | What You Need to Know
Social Security Disability Benefits/Medicare
To obtain information about Social Security Disability, you can call your local social security office, or go online at www.socialsecurity.gov.
Another very informative site for this subject is www.NMSS.org (Type “social security disability” in the search bar.)
- Social Security Disability Benefits Guide
NEW! Social Security Disability Law Updates for the MS Community (Excellent Video)
MS Views & News (July, 2021) Webinar-Steven Stepper, ESQ. Disability Attorney
- A Guide to Medicare Benefits
- Social Security Disability Benefit Calculator
The U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255), is a free, 24/7 service that can provide suicidal persons or those around them with support, information and resources. (Source: National Institute of Mental Health.)
- MS Friends
- Call 2-1-1
Similar to dialing 9-1-1 for emergencies, calling 2-1-1 helps people seeking training, employment, food pantries,
- Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum
An online community and information portal that aims to inspire connections and clinical advances
- Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT's) and Other Medications
- Stem Cells in MS
- MSAA’s website and publications offer information about stem cell therapy (SCT) for the experimental treatment of MS. Details on some of the newer studies on SCT are featured in the recent editions of MSAA’s MS Research Update, and may be found by going to the Publications section of MSAA’s website at https://mymsaa.org/ms-information/publications/, and scroll down to select one of the two most recent editions of the MS Research Update.
- DVC Stem offers cell infusion and other treatments for MS at their Medical Center in the Cayman Islands. Protocols are IRB approved, and the cells come from regulated, U.S. based, FDA compliant laboratories. Treatment consists of a two-day period including the IV transplant of 300M cord tissue-derived MSCs, as well as a variety of therapies designed to aid stem cell activation and potency (chiro, physiotherapy, acupuncture, lymphatic massage, etc).